We have all had the thoughts like, “if only I were prettier.” We all have a friend or 2 that we get jealous over because of their good looks or great body.
Today I am going to share with you the true costs of learning to love yourself and why you should start today.
This weekend I came across something that upset me. As I am working on branding my business, I was looking for images of curvy, beautiful, and real women for inspiration. I went to the trusted Pinterest and typed in curvy women. What I got shocked me!!! There weren’t curvy women in the pictures at all!! They were thin women with big boobs. That’s it. I am not saying these women are not beautiful because they are!! I am saying that is not the inspiration I was searching for. I am a curvy woman and I am proud of it!!
My husband say how frustrated I was becoming and told me that I should try other words. I had no idea what words to use because I was truly expecting curvy to work. Much to my dismay and sadness, the word that worked was chubby!! These beautiful, curvy, and stunning women could only be found on Pinterest by using the word chubby. It made me extremely mad and sad all at the same time!!
With all the work I have done on my own body image in the past 2 years, chubby was not a word I have used to describe myself and I don’t believe it should be a word ANY women uses to describe herself!!!
This post is for all you beautiful, curvy, amazing and real women out there!!! We NEED to change the language that we use. I am going to share with you the cost of changing the language that we use.
THE TRUE COST OF SELF LOVE
1. Women and girl’s not comparing themselves to images they see in advertising. Wouldn’t this just be a wonderful cost to gain around the world. Women and girls realizing that their bodies are unique and are meant to be that way. No more wanting to be skinny in order to feel beautiful. No more reason to constantly photoshop your photos to cover up your flaws. Imagine all the different images of women that our children would see!!!
2. Women being the best mothers that they can be. For the years that I struggled with body image, my mothering was affected. I avoided pictures and shorts. My son could pick up that I wasn’t feeling great about myself. I am even starting to see some effects of that on him and it makes me sad. Imagine all the memories that will be created by allowing us to be comfortable in our own skin. Your children will grow up to be confident and what more does a mother want for her children!
3. An unlimited supply of self esteem! No more doubt, no more self hatred, no more body shaming. Really!!!! Can you imagine?!?!?! I can!! I can picture women all over walking with their head’s high, confidence just shining through with the smiles on their faces. Being proud of who they are, where they came from, and where they are going.
4. Women supporting each other instead of bashing each other. Another wow moment for me!! I hope that my daughter grows up where women will stick together, help each other up when knocked down, and love each other for their imperfections. There would be no more bullying each other (this goes for adults too!)
5. No more self doubt! Imagine women realizing that they can be and do anything they want. After all, it is something we say to our children all the time!! Now imagine you believed it about yourself. No more telling yourself that you are not good enough. No more telling yourself that you aren’t skinny enough or pretty enough. The confidence and self love you would have for yourself would give you the power to reach for your ultimate dreams!! Become the person you have always wanted to be. That is who I am becoming and that is who I want my children to know they can become!!!!
I truly believe that this is possible!! This is my mission and my life goal. I am here to make every woman I come into contact with love themselves and realize that they are so much more than their outer beauty. True beauty lives within all of us!!!